Do I need a crown?
Crowns are a common treatment, but they aren't right for every situation.
Typically, we'll recommend a crown if:
- A tooth has broken but there is still sufficient structure to save it
- A tooth is unusually shaped and causing opposing teeth to not align properly
- A tooth is severely discolored and can't be treated with teeth whitening
- A tooth is worn down and needs to be rebuilt
- We are protecting a tooth following root canal therapy
- We are replacing a tooth as part of a dental implant
At Stonebriar Family Dentistry, you are in the driver's seat! We'll never tell you that you have to do something. We'll lay out your options and explain which treatments we recommend and why. We consider you a crucial part of your own treatment team, and we will always partner with you to make sure you feel comfortable and confident making your treatment decisions.
Crowns are a great choice that can help us preserve a tooth that might otherwise be lost. Whenever possible, we want to save your natural tooth to maintain the dependent relationship between the roots of your teeth and the bone in your jaw. In some cases, unfortunately, saving a tooth is not possible. We will let you know when this is the case and help you explore your options.