Preventive Dental Care
At Stonebriar Family Dentistry, we offer a wide range of personalized dental treatment options. However, no treatment we can provide is more crucial than preventive care. Stopping dental issues before they begin helps keep your teeth strong, healthy, and beautiful and saves you time and money.
Different stages in life have different dental needs, and regular preventive care allows us to address these needs as they evolve.
- For toddlers and children, prevention is key, and fluoride treatment, sealants, and regular checkups will protect new permanent teeth. We only get one set, after all!
- As teens move into young adulthood and find themselves on their own, they won't always make good, healthy choices. Regular examinations help catch developing problems early, as well as give us the opportunity to offer advice on how to make better choices in food and oral care habits.
- Adults need a beautiful, healthy-looking smile for jobs, networking, and even dating. With frequent cleanings and exams, we can help you achieve your best smile and keep it going.
- As we age, illness and increased medications can affect your oral health. We can help combat the effects of aging, illness, and medication with proper preventative care and regular cleanings.
Many patients ask us why they need to have their teeth cleaned by our hygienist when they brush and floss daily as directed. Having a good oral care routine at home is very important, and we applaud our patients who are devoted to proper home care techniques! Unfortunately, however, there is simply no way a toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss can get to every surface of every tooth.
Professional teeth cleanings in our Frisco, Texas, dental office offer many benefits for our patients:
- Helps keep hard-to-reach teeth at the back of the mouth and areas along the gumline and between teeth clean and free of decay
- Removes tartar buildup to keep it from causing other dental issues, including gingivitis
- Gives Dr. Chitre the opportunity to catch developing dental issues such as gum disease or decay while they can be conservatively treated
- Improves bad breath
- Helps to prevent/reverse the progression of gum disease with proper diagnosis and treatment while it is in the early stages
Regular Dental Examinations
Regular dental exams and cleanings, at least once every six months, will help us keep your teeth healthy and allow us to use a conservative approach to dentistry. This helps to keep costs down for patients and is also likely to help you avoid uncomfortable problems and complex treatment down the road.
During a dental exam with Frisco dentist Dr. Chitre, we want you to know what to expect.
- X-rays and intraoral photos are taken of your teeth.
- Dr. Chitre will perform a visual examination of each tooth.
- Periodontal disease and oral cancer screenings will be done to catch these problems early if they are developing.
- Dr. Chitre will explain what is happening in your mouth, using intraoral photos to help you see what she sees.
- If problems are discovered, we will create a customized treatment plan, working with you to address your dental concerns as well as issues that were discovered during the exam.
Once your exam and cleaning are complete, we will discuss your treatment options and create a customized treatment plan for you. Our friendly office staff will review insurance coverage and payment options, and then we will schedule any additional appointments that may be necessary.
Keep Your Teeth Looking and Feeling Their Best
If you are due for a dental examination and cleaning or if you have questions or concerns about your teeth, please contact our Frisco dental office today to schedule an appointment.