We Love Treating Children
Dr. Chitre and our friendly staff enjoy meeting your youngsters and treating them with personalized and kid-friendly dental care. We understand that many children fear dentists and dental appointments, so we encourage you and your child to stop by Stonebriar Family Dentistry before the scheduled appointment. Your child can come check out our children’s play area and meet Dr. Chitre and our staff.
During your child’s visit, we make sure to explain all of the equipment in kid-friendly terms. We continuously make sure he or she is comfortable, and we never start a treatment without the “okay” from your child. If your child is still pretty nervous during the dental visit, we may recommend nitrous oxide (laughing gas). Before administering, Dr. Chitre will explain nitrous oxide to you and your child.
Preparing for Your Child’s First Dental Visit
We know how stressful it can be for BOTH you and your child when the first dental visit approaches. But there are some ways to prepare that will get you and the little one ready for the visit.
- Set a positive mood – It’s important to keep it fun and lighthearted when preparing for a trip to the dentist with your child. Going anywhere new for a young one can be stressful, but if you project an aura of lightheartedness, it can help lay those fears to rest.
- Brush those teeth - Make sure you’re already brushing your child’s teeth (or tooth!) and providing positive reinforcement. Good habits start early!
- Role Play – Pretend to be a dentist with your little one. You can even let them be the dentist, too! Using items like toy dental tools can be a good prop, or even use items from your household.
- Write questions – Keep a list of questions you’d like answered by Dr. Chitre and her Frisco dental team. That way, you won’t feel put on the spot, or think of something later that you wished you would have asked. Worried about thumb sucking? How do I get my kid to floss? Write it down!
- Stop by Stonebriar Family Dentistry - Before your first appointment, we welcome you to stop by our office. That way, the environment will feel all the more comfortable when the real appointment approaches.
Our team of family-friendly dental professionals are here to help you through the entire process and alleviate any stress or concerns. If you have more questions about the visit, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email on our Stonebriar Family Dentistry contact page.
Children’s Play Area
We don’t want your kids to dread coming to Stonebriar Family Dentistry; we want them to remember a fun and pleasant experience. To keep them entertained, we have a children’s play area where he or she can play the Wii, play a game, or read a good book. We’ve got a little something for everyone.
We love infants and toddlers, but they require pediatric dental care. We accept children from 3 years and up.